Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Daddy O!

I would just like to wish my Super Daddy, a very happy birthday today!


These are of me and Dad when I was three! I have always really liked these pictures because they remind me of some of my very favorite times. Dad would come home from work very dirty and tired, the smell of grease would fill the house. One sniff and I knew my daddy was home he was always happy even though he was exhausted. It was fun to have Dad home because well he is just fun! Pillow fights, or sandwich piles between the old couch cushions, or just listen to me talk and talk without ever saying leave me alone. (especially if I was rubbing his feet;) I have always admired my Father's positive attitude and I just can't help but smile around him! And even still now I love the smell of axle grease! Probably because I sure love my Dear 'ol Dad!


The picture above is on my high school graduation day June 1994. The one below was just after Charly was born.

Thanks for always being there Dad! I hope you have a great day!
Happy Birthday! We love you!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Felisa said...

Happy Birthday Dad!
That was such a nice birthday tribute Tam. Those pix of you and dad are so cute. It's funny how young he was back then. I always remember thinking he was so old and grown up. But now, when I look at pix of mom and dad when they were younger than I am now...I think, HOLY SMOKES they were sure young and good looking!!! Guess that's where we get it from eh? ;)
Love Ya more than a cake full of candles!

Emily said...

That is super Tam! Happy Happy Birthday to my popsy! You are one good lookin' ole boy! Those are super cute pictures Tam, I can't believe how young Dad looks at your graduation.....man WE are getting old too!;)

Howz the pocks doin'??

Love ya chicken pens full, Em

Felisa said...

My kids say, they'll take the risk if it means getting to see their cousins. So we're good to go. Not sure yet when we'll be there, but we'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Dad took a look at this earlier, and wanted to comment, but the blog wouldn't let him do so. He will later, as he is spending his birthday outside working on his truck. I just have to say thanks for the precious memories, though, and for being such a sweet and wonderful daughter. Love Mommy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I don't smell like grease anymore....I just smell. Better be careful with the dear "OLD" dad stuff.

Love Ya,

Love, Dad.