Thursday, November 16, 2006

Old Faithful!?

Yesterday Missy came running up from the basement telling me that water was spraying everywhere! I had just started some laundry so I was a little worried. Missy said she had shut off the washing machine but the water kept spraying. When I got there I saw a huge geyser spraying up from behind the washer and water was getting everywhere very fast. I pulled the lever that shut the water off and picked up the pile of towels that were on the floor waiting to be washed and started mopping up the water. I then called "the professional" my dear sweet husband who happens to be an owner of Southwest Plumbing Supply (It does come in pretty handy sometimes;) He said it sounded like a broken hose in the washer so he grabbed a couple and put them in his truck. When he got home last night he went right to work.


Here he is taking off the old hoses. One thing about Ry is he is very handy with things like this. Very nice to have around! You should see our fireplace he is working on!(soon to come;) We just think he is amazing!

"Here's your problem!"

Wow not bad considering those are the original hoses that have been on for over 11 years.

Now we really like Old Faithful but we would rather it stayed in Yellow Stone;) One thing I learned, is that it is probably a good idea to not leave your washer or dishwasher running when you leave. You never know! Think if I had been off running an errand. It would have not taken very long for water to have been everywhere and a lot of damage done.

4 comments:

Felisa said...

WOWSERZ!!!! Better count your blessings. You guys could've been the next one's bailing water out of your window wells with a sand box pail. Sure is handy to have a handy man in the fam, isn't it? And a fast thinking, long legged, stair leapin daughter. Glad to hear that everything was A-Ok. Looking forward to seeing the blog about the Fireplace. Sounds cozy!

Love Ya Gallons Full!

Emily said...

Yikes! Im with Feliz about you being lucky having that informative daughter! GOod Job Ryan on the plumbin' skills!;)

I too am excited to see the fireplace....maybe you could roast some veggie dogs on sticks!??

Thanks for bloggin' and keepin' us all informed about the good times you guys are havin' in the great cold north!

LOVE YA SLEEPIN' BAGS FULL!!

Ruckman Clan said...

You are lucky to have Ryan around in more ways than to fix stuff. But he does take after his dad. Those Nelson boys are great.
Love ya
Ta

Tammie said...

Oh Yeah Ta don't we know it! When I said he was amazing I meant it as all encompassing! I'm so grateful to have such a great guy. Our only wish would be to see him more often! But we'll take what we can get;)